Solving Text-Spacing Issues Using WebGrabber TextWidthMetrics and WriteTextFormat Properties
WebGrabber includes properties that allow you choices for handling text and character spacing. (Native Engine only.)
TextWidthMetrics: Selects the metrics used to calculate character widths found in the HTML.
* Available in WebGrabber 2016 only.
- Design Metrics (1): Use the width metric associated with the font face. (Default.)
- Glyph Indices (0): Use the width metric associated with the glyph.
Try this alternative setting if the PDF output has issues with character widths.
WriteTextFormat: Selects the format to write text strings to the output PDF.
* Available in WebGrabber 2016 and later
- String Format (1): Write text to the output as a single string. (Default.)
- Text Run Format (0): Write the text to the output one "text run" at a time.
Try this alternative setting if the PDF output has issues with spacing between characters.
You can select these options using the .NET or COM SDK properties WriteTextFormat and TextWidthMetrics, or selecting the options in the WebGrabber Configuration Manager:
WebGrabber Profiles > Engine Tab (Native Engine) > Native Engine Settings > Text Width Metrics, Write Text Format