The software release for ActivePDF DocConverter 11.2.1 (18.104.22.16808) includes enhancements and bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF DocConverter.
- Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016, or 2019
Note: If you are installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual 2015 C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing ActivePDF Products on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Microsoft Visual C++® 2015 or higher Redistributable Runtime Components.
Optional Software Applications
Note: DocConverter only supports the 32-bit versions of the following applications. DocConverter does not support Microsoft Office 64-bit.
- LibreOffice® 7.2.6 (if not installed, ActivePDF DocConverter can install it automatically)
- Install these applications if you want to use their native converters instead of the default converter:
- Microsoft Word®, PowerPoint® (*.pptx only), Excel, Visio®, Publisher (ActivePDF DocConverter currently supports Versions 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019)
To use Microsoft Office converters, install the Microsoft Office applications before installing ActivePDF DocConverter.
The minimum hardware requirements for ActivePDF DocConverter are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Note: Additional hard disk space is required for installed applications and the files being processed.
New in this Release
- Replaced the PDF2Office engine with the Solid Documents engine: In this release, the engine for creating Microsoft Office documents (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) from PDF was replaced, and DocConverter now uses the Solid Documents converter.
- LibreOffice® upgrade: LibreOffice was upgraded from version 7.1.2 to version 7.2.6.
- Additionally, the following properties were added to this release:
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|22161||Ghostscript vulnerability with device parameter '-dSAFER'.|
|22198||DocConverter stopped processing and keeps empty folder in the input directory.|
|22200||DocConverter - VBS - Getting Error Code -12converting PDF to MultiPageTiff / FromPDF_ToImageMultiPageTIFF is not available in the list of parameters.|
|22208||Using API with watch folder and protected PDF documents, DocConverter hangs and does not process.|
|22246||Stack overflow error on the 17 conversion for both ConvertFromPDF and ConverToPDF.|
|22247||Could not load file or assembly 'PDFNet, Version=22.214.171.12419' (64b API).|
|22267||Libre Office fails to install.|
|22268||Text highlights missing.|
|22275||A task was canceled with .doc and .docx files, using API.|
|22297||LibreOffice conversions fail in multithreaded test.|
|22299||Black border in output PDF.|
Please contact customer support for further information.
Installation and Getting Started
API information is available in the ActivePDF DocConverter User Guide.
View the ActivePDF DocConverter examples.
Download the DocConverter installer.