The Toolkit 11.2.0 release (Build 188.8.131.5229) moves toward using PDFTron technology.
The following software is required to successfully use Toolkit and Toolkit Ultimate.
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016, or 2019
- Microsoft Windows® 10
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5 or higher is required to use Toolkit's .NET component
- Visual Studio C++ 2015 Redistributable
Note: If you are installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual 2015 C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing Toolkit on Windows 2012 Servers.
The minimum hardware requirements for Toolkit are:
Server and desktop
- 125 MB of RAM
- 100 MB of hard disk space (for application)
New Features and Enhancements
New features and enhancements to this release include:
- Barcode Object: The Barcode Object is now included in Toolkit 11.2.0.
- New Toolkit Object methods: The Toolkit Object includes two new methods:
- PrintBarcode: Prints a barcode on a page. Previously, the PrintImage and AsString methods were used to add the barcode, but starting in this release, Toolkit was enhanced to use just the PrintBarcode method.
- SetFormFieldBarcode: Receives barcode image from Barcode object and converts the Form field to barcode.
- AsString Method removed: The AsString method was removed from the Barcode Object.
Features not in Toolkit 11.2.0, but may be considered in future releases:
- Metadata Management
- Enhanced Compression
- Data Extraction
- Text To PDF Conversion
Although the documentation is available for these objects, the objects themselves are not connected, and will not work. For more information, contact the ActivePDF Support team.
Important Note: If you have an existing Toolkit installation and are using the objects listed above, do not upgrade to Toolkit 11.1.0 or later. You will lose access to these objects.
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|21937||Performance degradation from Toolkit 2016 to Toolkit 10.x.0 and Toolkit 11.x.0.|
|21988||Preflight error scanning output PDF.|
Stack overflow OpenInputFile (NDA PDF) in Toolkit Ultimate.
Large input file (1.3GB) StackOverflowException (Toolkit Ultimate).
Unable to use SetFormFieldData on subsequent forms.
PrintText not embedding fonts.
Setting FieldInfo FontName or FontSize for check box causes 8 to appear (focus).
FlattenRemainingFormFields = 1 creates red box with ? in it.
Addlogo is not printed.
COM > TK.SetPDFCompression(0) creates compressed files.
Image to PDF, 2nd page and on, the text/images are fuzzy/unreadable.
PrintLogo - logo not correctly added to output.
|22174||ASP Classic - Toolkit fails with -1 on second operation requiring IIS server reboot.|
Please contact customer support for further information.
Installation and API information is available in the Toolkit API Reference Guide.
Documentation for all prior releases is available on the Toolkit Legacy Documentation page.
To download the Toolkit and Toolkit Ultimate examples, visit the GitHub ActivePDF page.
Use the following links to download the ActivePDF Toolkit or Toolkit Ultimate installers.