The software release for ActivePDF DocConverter 11.1.0 (126.96.36.19996) includes enhancements and bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF DocConverter.
- Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016, or 2019
Note: If you are installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual 2015 C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing ActivePDF Products on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Microsoft Visual C++® 2015 or higher Redistributable Runtime Components.
Optional Software Applications
Note: DocConverter only supports the 32-bit versions of the following applications. DocConverter does not support Microsoft Office 64-bit.
- LibreOffice® 7.1.2 (if not installed, ActivePDF DocConverter can install it automatically)
- Install these applications if you want to use their native converters instead of the default converter:
- Microsoft Word®, PowerPoint®, Excel, Visio®, Publisher (ActivePDF DocConverter currently supports Versions 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019)
To use Microsoft Office converters, install the Microsoft Office applications before installing ActivePDF DocConverter.
The minimum hardware requirements for ActivePDF DocConverter are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Note: Additional hard disk space is required for installed applications and the files being processed.
New in this Release
- Chinese, Japanese, Korean language support: DocConverter 11.1.0 now supports Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages in PDFToWord.
- Changes in ConvertFromPDF:
- Converting from PDF to Word was re-engineered to use the PDFTron PDFNet SDK and BCL easyConverter SDK, for faster processing and better fidelity.
- Converting from PDF to Excel/PowerPoint/GIF/Text is removed at this time and is no longer available.
- Updated Converter Profiles Page Settings Tab: Convert from PDF screen: The Word and Excel options were removed from this screen. The options now include:
- PDF To Image Options
- PDF To PDFA Options
- Verify PDFA Options
- New dialog box during installation: There's a new dialog box during installation that reminds users DocConverter does not support Microsoft Office 64-bit version.
- Improved logging: Improved the legibility of the messages logged to DocConverter's logs for easier recognition of individual file conversions' progress.
- New Converter Profiles Page Settings Tab: Convert from PDF screen: The Word and Excel options were removed from this screen. The options now include:
- Document Open: The Input and Confirm Password settings were moved into this section.
- Zip and Archive Files
- Updated LibreOffice version: DocConverter now supports LibreOffice version 7.1.2.
- Automatically Set Microsoft DCOM Permissions: Microsoft DCOM permissions are now set on service start. DocConverter now detects if a new user is configured as the LogOn credential for the ActivePDF DocConverter service upon startup. If a new service account is detected, and if DCOM permissions are necessary, then DocConverter displays a prompt asking the user to enter the new account's password. DocConverter then updates the DCOM permissions to use this new account and its credentials. The message boxes and log to the log files are available during setup.
- Password-protected Microsoft Office files now process:Files with the following extensions now process into the errors folder if no password is provided:
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|21815||Error in the console with .CSV files, but conversion are successful with an output created.|
|22063||When converting files in a folder, the file is converted but the folder still exists in the input folder, and should be removed from the input folder.|
|22064||PS to PDF fails when compress is enabled.|
|22067||Image to PDF: second page on, the text/images are fuzzy and unreadable.|
Please contact customer support for further information.
Installation and Getting Started
API information is available in the ActivePDF DocConverter User Guide.
View the ActivePDF DocConverter examples.
Download the DocConverter installer.