WebGrabber Release Notes 2013 R2.3
This software release for ActivePDF WebGrabber 2013 R2.3 (Build 2013.2.3.17063) includes bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use WebGrabber.
- Windows Server® 2008 (32- or 64-bit edition) OR
- Windows Server® 2008 R2 OR
- Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Microsoft® .NET Framework is required to use WebGrabber's .NET component
(.NET 3.5 for the API, .NET 4.0 for the service — if it is not detected, you will be given the option to install it.)
Important! If using Windows Server 2012 or above, and using the Internet Explorer engine for conversions, follow the instructions in the Installation section of these release notes before installing WebGrabber.
The minimum hardware requirements for WebGrabber are:
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of hard disk space (for application)
If DocConverter 2015 was installed, WebGrabber no longer functioned.
If you are also using DocConverter 2015 R2.0, install this version of WebGrabber (WebGrabber 2013.2.3), which resolves this issue.
File specific: If the Network Security LAN Manager authentication level was set to: Send NTLMv2 response only. Refuse LM & NTLM. (NT Lan Manager) and Network Security was set to Require NTLMv2 session security, WebGrabber was unable to convert the web page to PDF.
Code related to authentication was updated to support NTLM v2, which resolved this issue.
Note: For a list of Known Bugs, see:
Installation and Getting Started
If you are using Windows Server 2012 or above, and will be using the Internet Explorer engine for conversions, follow the steps below to ensure that the WebGrabber user has sufficient permissions for performing conversions.
Before installing WebGrabber on Windows Server 2012 or above:
- Log on to Windows Server( 2012 and above) as Admin user.
- Create a new user account for the WebGrabber user with administrative and remote login privileges.
- Log in, then log out as the as the WebGrabber user.
- Follow the installation instructions (see the link below) and install WebGrabber.
After installing WebGrabber on Windows Server 2012 or above:
Set up WebGrabber to use the Internet Explorer engine:
- Launch the WebGrabber user interface.
- Under the WebGrabber settings, turn on the Enable Internet Explorer Conversions.
- Select Save.
- In order to perform conversions with the Internet Explorer engine on Windows Server 2012 or above,
the WebGrabber user with administrative privileges must be logged in (but can be disconnected).
- For more installation instructions and general startup information, see the Quick Start Guide listed below.
WebGrabber Quick Start Guide
See the Legacy section for the WebGrabber Quick Start Guide at:
See the Legacy section for the WebGrabber API Reference Guide for information about .NET and COM methods and properties at: