Server Release Notes 2013 R3.1
This software release for ActivePDF Server 2013 R3.1 (Build 2013.3.1.17280) includes bug fixes and enhancements.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF Server.
- Windows Server® 2008 (32- or 64-bit edition) OR
- Windows Server® 2008 R2 OR
- Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Microsoft® .NET 4.0 (Installed by Server if not detected on your system.)
The minimum hardware requirements for ActivePDF Server are:
- 256 MB of RAM
- 170 MB of hard disk space (for application)
- The SetPDFSecurityAES method has a new parameter that allows you to select either 128-bit or 256-bit AES encryption. This setting is also available in the Server Configuration Manager. See the Server API Reference and the Server Quick Start Guide for more details.
- During PDF conversions, page objects and fonts are now compressed by default, resulting in output PDFs with smaller file sizes. Use the new SetPDFCompression method to turn this feature on or off. This setting is also available in the Server Configuration Manager. See the Server API Reference and the Server Quick Start Guide for more details.
- The Configuration Manager now allows you to set up watermarks with position determined by output page size and standard locations: center, left, right, top, and bottom. See the Server Quick Start Guide for more details.
- The layout for Server's user interface is updated, with new settings added and existing settings reorganized for a more user-friendly experience. See the Server Quick Start Guide for more details.
- The default PDF version for output PDFs is now 1.5. In earlier releases of Server, the default PDF version for output PDFs was 1.4.
- The default port for COM is now 52525. In earlier releases of Server, the default port was 90 or 58585.
The following bugs were resolved.
|15185||When calling PSToPDF, synchronization issues during multi-threaded conversion requests could occur.||Updates to the code were made related to the naming of temporary files that are generated during the conversion process. This resolved the issue.|
|These file-specific bugs were also resolved.|
These issues are now resolved.
Please contact customer support for further information.
For installation instructions and general startup information, see the Legacy Documents section for ActivePDF Server Getting Started Guide at:
See the Legacy Documents section for ActivePDF Server API Reference Guide for information about .NET and COM methods and properties at: