The software release for ActivePDF DocConverter 10.4.1 (10.4.1.21220) includes enhancements and bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF DocConverter.
- Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016, or 2019
Note: If you are installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual 2015 C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing ActivePDF Products on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Microsoft Visual C++® 2015 or higher Redistributable Runtime Components.
Optional Software Applications
Note: DocConverter only supports the 32-bit versions of the following applications.
- LibreOffice® 6.4.4 (if not installed, ActivePDF DocConverter can install it automatically)
- Install these applications if you want to use their native converters instead of the default converter:
- Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Visio®, Publisher (ActivePDF DocConverter currently supports Versions 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019)
To use Microsoft Office converters, install the Microsoft Office applications before installing ActivePDF DocConverter.
The following optional software must also be installed prior to installing DocConverter. Additionally, this software is at end-of-life support for DocConverter:
- Fuji® Xerox® DocuWorks™ Viewer Light
- Corel® WordPerfect®
The minimum hardware requirements for ActivePDF DocConverter are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Note: Additional hard disk space is required for installed applications and the files being processed.
New in this Release
- jQuery update: jQuery was upgraded from Version from 1.7 to Version 3.3.1.
- LibreOffice update: If using LibreOffice, update to Version 6.4.4.
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|20134||PDF to RTF has a bad layout.|
|20310||Date and Signature is removed from PDF after conversion.|
|20402||PDF to PDFA default output is an image file.|
|20408||Excel Print to PDF fails when using input files with Japanese characters for Excel documents.|
|20460||Choose a file/folder dialog box is not working.|
|20461||Unable to create and save a new PDF profile.|
|20562||Convert from PDF to HTML is not converting if PDF has images.|
|20601||The stamp is being squeezed when using Arial font.|
|20622||PDF to HTML - After the first conversion, the images do not display in the HTML file.|
|20876||If using OpenRemoteConnection, even though you get a successful conversion, the Output PDF is not generated.|
|21040||JPEG to PDF degradation.|
|21337||Color JPEG image outputs to a black and white PDF, and the quality of output PDF is bad.|
|21419||X-frame options header missing.|
|21466||ConverterVerification.exe was removed so that Trend Micro does not detect it as a virus.|
|21472||Trojan detected during installation, install fails using McAfee.|
Please contact customer support for further information.
Installation and Getting Started
API information is available in the ActivePDF DocConverter User Guide.
View the ActivePDF DocConverter examples.
Download the DocConverter installer.