This product is retired as of Sept 2020 See https://www.pdftron.com/pdf-sdk/viewer/
Reader Plus 4.6.1 release (Build 126.96.36.19924) includes new features and bug fixes.
The following software is required to use Reader Plus.
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016 or 2019
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2 (If not detected, an install option is offered)
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11
Note: If installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server for the first time, you must download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. The updates resolve issues with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see the ActivePDF Knowledge Base article Installing Products on Windows 2012 R2 Servers.
- Gibraltar® VistaDB (default, installed with Reader Plus)
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2012 R2 or later
- SQL Server Enterprise is recommended for high-production usage.
Note: SQL Server does not need a local installation; for deployments with multiple servers using ActivePDF Reader Plus for the same web application, a local installation is not recommended. The SQL Server instance must be accessible via a standard SQL connection string from the application server where ActivePDF Reader Plus is installed.
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Reader Plus 4.6.1 supports the following new features:
- New eSign feature: Reader Plus has a new e-signature feature that adds a [ Click to Sign Here ] box when triggered. Users click the Sign button in the Tools menu to add the signature box, which is movable and resizable. You can also click the eSign menu button to place click-to-sign-here signature boxes on the PDF and create templates.
- Allow Saving Required Form Field For Template Generation: Previously, forms could not be submitted if form fields were empty. With this release, you can save a PDF even if it has an incomplete required form field, by using the new disableRequiredFields setting. The setting is false by default; if true, existing required form fields do not trigger the warning dialog. If false, empty existing required form fields trigger the warning dialog.
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|21062||Sample code for Customize_UI addItem does not work.|
|21398||Unable to restart service within the ActivePDF Admin page.|
|21473||Reader Plus output file incompatible with Telerik software PDF processing.|
|21476||Checkmarks are not saving.|
To view the updated documentation, clear your browser cache.
The Reader Plus Developer Guide includes information such as installation instructions, database setup, site construction, and API reference.
End User guide
The Reader Plus End User Guide includes basic annotation and form-filed editing instructions targeted to the end user of a Reader Plus installation.
Reader Plus Installer
Download the Reader Plus installer.
Reader Plus Examples
View Reader Plus examples on the ActivePDF examples page.
The Reader Plus examples are included here during installation:
C:\Program Files\ActivePDF\Reader Plus\Samples\