Reader Plus 4.6.0 release (Build 188.8.131.5263) includes new features and bug fixes.
The following software is required to use Reader Plus.
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016 or 2019
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2 or higher (If not detected, an install option is offered)
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11
Note: If installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server for the first time, you must download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. The updates resolve issues with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see the ActivePDF Knowledge Base article Installing Products on Windows 2012 R2 Servers.
- Gibraltar® VistaDB (default, installed with Reader Plus)
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2012 R2 or later
- SQL Server Enterprise is recommended for high-production usage.
Note: SQL Server does not need a local installation; for deployments with multiple servers using ActivePDF Reader Plus for the same web application, a local installation is not recommended. The SQL Server instance must be accessible via a standard SQL connection string from the application server where ActivePDF Reader Plus is installed.
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Reader Plus 4.6.0 supports the following new enhancements:
- Document renaming on Submit/Download: You can now apply a name to a saved or downloaded file by using the new optional configuration setting outputName.
- Adding additional fonts for Text Properties and Text Comment: With the new fontOverride configuration setting, you can set the font and override the default font used for Text and Text Comments. Additionally, a drop-down font selection was added for both Text and Text Comment.
- Added a parameter for eSign Border Color: Use the new borderColor parameter to change the color of the eSign’s Click to sign here box border. Additionally, the eSign box has a new blue default color.
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|21046||Tabbing through form fields does not honor the tab order.|
|21057||Japanese operating system: Error when opening PDF and making changes, then clicking Save and Download.|
|21080||eSignaturefield was not placed correctly when signed.|
To view the updated documentation, clear your browser cache.
The Reader Plus Developer Guide includes information such as installation instructions, database setup, site construction, and API reference.
End User guide
The Reader Plus End User Guide includes basic annotation and form-filed editing instructions targeted to the end user of a Reader Plus installation.
Reader Plus Installer
Download the Reader Plus installer.
Reader Plus Examples
View Reader Plus examples on the ActivePDF examples page.
The Reader Plus examples are included here during installation:
C:\Program Files\ActivePDF\Reader Plus\Samples\