Reader Plus 4.5.1 release (Build 220.127.116.1136) includes a new feature and enhancements.
The following software is required to use Reader Plus.
- Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016, or 2019
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2 (If not detected, an install option is offered)
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11
Note: If installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server for the first time, you must download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. The updates resolve issues with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see the ActivePDF Knowledge Base article Installing Products on Windows 2012 R2 Servers.
- Gibraltar® VistaDB (default, installed with Reader Plus)
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2012 R2 or later
- SQL Server Enterprise is recommended for high-production usage.
Note: SQL Server does not need a local installation; for deployments with multiple servers using ActivePDF Reader Plus for the same web application, a local installation is not recommended. The SQL Server instance must be accessible via a standard SQL connection string from the application server where ActivePDF Reader Plus is installed.
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Reader Plus 4.5.0 supports the following new feature and enhancements:
- New eSign feature: Allows you to insert a "Sign Here" box, which triggers a signature prompt when clicked.
- Display all digital signature form fields: The showUnsignedSignatureOnly setting forces all signatures (signed or unsigned) to use an unsigned watermark. If enabled, every signature in the PDF displays a box with a red arrow that says "Sign Here" on each page.
To enable showUnsignedSignatureOnly, set it to True in the Initial Settings.
- Add annotation signatures: You can add annotation signatures anywhere on a page.
- Thumbnail enhancements: Improved performance for thumbnails and pages when loading large PDFs.
- Printing improvements: Print now generates pages in parallel and caches pages for master documents.
- The following settings were enhanced:
- ThreadSafeRenderPageImage: Improved performance when multiple people load PDFs simultaneously.
- DisableCleanup: Completely disables cleanup for specified services (for multiple Reader Plus services using the same shared cache/database location).
- Improved performance for the PerPDFRenderAheadNumPages and PerPDFRenderAheadNumThumbnails settings.
To view the updated documentation, clear your browser cache.
The Reader Plus Developer Guide includes information such as installation instructions, database setup, site construction, and API reference.
End User guide
The Reader Plus End User Guide includes basic annotation and form-filed editing instructions targeted to the end user of a Reader Plus installation.
Reader Plus Installer
Download the Reader Plus installer.
Reader Plus Examples
View Reader Plus examples on the ActivePDF examples page.
The Reader Plus examples are included here during installation:
C:\Program Files\ActivePDF\Reader Plus\Samples\