Reader Plus 4.4.0 release (Build 188.8.131.5277) includes new features and bug fixes.
The following software is required to use Reader Plus.
- Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 or 2019
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2 (If not detected, an install option is offered)
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11
Note: If installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server for the first time, you must download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. The updates resolve issues with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see the ActivePDF Knowledge Base article Installing Products on Windows 2012 R2 Servers.
- Gibraltar® VistaDB
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2012 R2 or later
- SQL Server Enterprise is recommended for high-production usage.
Note: SQL Server does not need a local installation; for deployments with multiple servers using ActivePDF Reader Plus for the same web application, a local installation is not recommended. The SQL Server instance must be accessible via a standard SQL connection string from the application server where ActivePDF Reader Plus is installed.
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of hard disk space (for application)
New Features and Enhancements
Reader Plus 4.4.0 supports the following new feature and enhancements:
- Changes to the Orb menu bar: There is a new Hand pan button.
Use the new hand panning tool to grab and move a PDF document around inside Reader Plus. Additionally, when you click the Marquee zoom in the View menu, and click to zoom in the document, the default pointer turns into the hand tool. Use this to move through the document instead of using the side scroll bar.
- Add form elements multiple times with one click: You can add one or more shapes to your file by clicking the shapes once in the Tools menu, then clicking within your file. To enable the same functionality for the form field elements on the Forms menu, set enableRapidFireFormFieldAdd to true. You can then click once and add one or more text fields, check boxes, or radio buttons to your file without clicking the Form buttons each time.
- Signatures and images on rotated pages: You can now add signatures and images to rotated pages.
- Disable cleanup option: This option is useful when running multiple instances of Reader Plus on different servers that share the same database and cache server.
|19437||SQL Server Utility creates an incorrect database name in XML.|
|20320||Duplicate naming convention when form field items are copied.|
|20321||There is no content in the sticky notes.|
|20322||Once a page is rotated, the signature cannot be used on the page.|
|20323||After using the highlighter, the highlighted section cannot be deleted when the file is reopened.|
|20369||ImageCacheStorage Subfolders are not removed.|
|20435||Form element displays wherever you click or begin with.|
To view the updated documentation, clear your browser cache.
The Reader Plus Developer Guide includes information such as installation instructions, database setup, site construction, and SDK reference.
End User guide
The Reader Plus End User Guide includes basic annotation and form-filed editing instructions targeted to the end user of a Reader Plus installation.
Reader Plus Installer
Download the Reader Plus installer.
Reader Plus Examples
The Reader Plus examples are included here during installation:
C:\Program Files\ActivePDF\Reader Plus\Samples\
Also available at https://github.com/ActivePDF/ReaderPlus