The software release for ActivePDF DocConverter 10.3.0 (10.3.0.20239) includes new features and bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF DocConverter.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, or 2019
Note: If you are installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual 2015 C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing ActivePDF Products on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Microsoft Visual 2015 or higher C++ Redistributable Runtime Components.
Optional Software Applications
Note: DocConverter only supports the 32-bit versions of the following applications.
- LibreOffice® 6.2.4 (if not installed, ActivePDF DocConverter can install it automatically)
- Install these applications if you want to use their native converters instead of the default converter:
- Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Visio®, Publisher (ActivePDF DocConverter currently supports Versions 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019)
To use Microsoft Office converters, install the Microsoft Office applications before installing ActivePDF DocConverter.
The following optional software must also be installed prior to installing DocConverter. Additionally, this software is at end-of-life support for DocConverter:
- Fuji® Xerox® DocuWorks™ Viewer Light
- Corel® WordPerfect®
The minimum hardware requirements for ActivePDF DocConverter are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Note: Additional hard disk space is required for installed applications and the files being processed.
- Compression: DocConverter adds new compression functionality to reduce file size. Use the new compression settings in the Configuration Manager or the API calls to:
- Set the compression image quality.
- Downsample images by setting the target and trigger DPI for images.
- Files in memory: DocConverter now accepts a file in memory, and outputs the file in memory. (.NET only.)
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|18549||Conversions time out at 30 minutes, regardless of whether the time out is set higher.|
|20236||The ConversionResult.Paths file name results are different between DocConverter Releases 10.1.0 and 10.2.0.|
|20303||When using API to create a multi-page TIFF, the API Temp directory is not cleaned up.|
Installation and Getting Started
API information is available in the ActivePDF DocConverter User Guide.
View the ActivePDF DocConverter examples.
Download the DocConverter installer.