The Toolkit 9.1.0 release (Build 184.108.40.20692) includes a new feature and bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use Toolkit.
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, or 2019
- Microsoft Windows® 10
- Microsoft® .NET Framework is required to use Toolkit's .NET component
(1.1, 2.0+, or 4.5.)
Note: If you are installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual 2015 C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing Toolkit on Windows 2012 Servers.
The minimum hardware requirements for Toolkit are:
Server and desktop
- 125 MB of RAM
- 100 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Toolkit 9.1.0 includes a new Compressor object. The Compressor object uses text, image, and object compression to reduce file size. The Compressor object also offers optimization settings to further reduce file size.
Use the new Compressor object to compress PDF files by:
- Compressing images and objects.
- Setting the compression quality.
- Flattening form fields.
- Removing tags from a document.
- Deleting bookmarks.
- Removing all file attachments, including attachments added to the PDF file as comments.
- Discarding all comments, forms, and form fields from the PDF file.
- Deleting information in the document information dictionary and all metadata streams.
- Downsampling images by setting the target and trigger DPI for images.
- Subsetting the fonts.
- Applying flate compression to all unencoded streams.
- Compressing files in memory.
The Compressor object supports both COM and .NET 32- or 64-bit deployments.
Additionally, Release 9.1.0 introduces Toolkit Ultimate. Toolkit Ultimate includes all the functionality of Toolkit, with these additional products as well:
|19867||FieldInfo.FontSize has incorrect value (0) for checkbox with just check box style = Cross.|
|19920||Text field data displays incorrectly after CopyForm - Font Specific.|
|19922||Internal bookmark links are incorrect when using PrintImage.|
|19937||BookmarkManager and annotations have duplicate .rgs files.|
|19976||ImageByteArray prints blank instead of an image.|
|19998||Image prints on incorrect page.|
|20043||After using -997 Flatten form field with FontSize =0, the field is blank.|
Installation and SDK information is available in the Toolkit Reference Guide.
To download the Toolkit examples, visit the GitHub ActivePDF page.
Use the following link to download the Toolkit installer.