Reader Plus 4.3.0 release (Build 22.214.171.12456) includes new features and bug fixes.
The following software is required to use Reader Plus.
- Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 or 2019
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2 (If not detected, an install option is offered)
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11
Note: If installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server for the first time, you must download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. The updates resolve issues with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see the ActivePDF Knowledge Base article Installing Products on Windows 2012 R2 Servers.
- Gibraltar® VistaDB
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2012 R2 or later
- SQL Server Enterprise is recommended for high-production usage.
Note: SQL Server does not need a local installation; for deployments with multiple servers using ActivePDF Reader Plus for the same web application, a local installation is not recommended. The SQL Server instance must be accessible via a standard SQL connection string from the application server where ActivePDF Reader Plus is installed.
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of hard disk space (for application)
New Features and Enhancements
Reader Plus 4.3.0 supports the following new features and enhancements:
- Changes to the Tools menu bar:
- There is a new Add Text button.
- The Typewriter button was renamed Add Text Comment. It is now in the Comment section, with the Highlight and Sticky Note buttons.
- Add a text box to a rotated page: Use the new Add Text button to add a text box to a rotated page.
- Delete a master document: In this release, Reader Plus can delete a master documents from the cache.
- Disable Print Pop-up Message: In addition to disabling the pop-up messages when end users download or submit a document, developers can also disable the confirmation pop-up message when end users print a document.
- Customize user interface functionality: Display or hide elements in the user interface.
- Hide side panels: Developers can now hide both the right and left side panels.
- Hide page navigator: Developers can also hide the page navigator function at the bottom right-hand corner of Reader Plus when the PDF file has a single page.
|19322||The print quality is poor when printing from Reader Plus.|
|19387||Multiline text does not display on the lines the same way it was entered.|
|19388||Checking one check box, then another, unchecks the first box.|
|19389||Checking one radio button, then another, unchecks the first radio button.|
|19686||Reader Plus demo site stops working after migrating the SQL server to another machine. When you configure Reader Plus to a remote SQL server on another machine, such as a distributed environment, where the SQL Server and Reader Plus are on different servers.|
|19755||readOnly: true does not work on prepopulated fields.|
|19800||Required text field is not honored.|
|19852||Annotations are not visible after MovePage.|
|19853||Highlighting is off after Move Page.|
To view the updated documentation, clear your browser cache.
The Reader Plus Developer Guide includes information such as installation instructions, database setup, site construction, and API reference.
End User guide
The Reader Plus End User Guide includes basic annotation and form-filed editing instructions targeted to the end user of a Reader Plus installation.
Reader Plus Installer
Download the Reader Plus installer.