Resolution for common DocConverter Errors – Log file entries
See the DocConverter documentation for Error Codes - Link
DCOM errors: All related to Permission to DCOM
- Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A
Resolution: Please click on the DCOM link below for either Office or LibreOffice
Time out Errors:
- Request timed out
- Message message, TimeSpan timeout
- Cast the channel / proxy to IContextChannel and set the OperationTimeout property), make sure the service can connect to the client.
Resolution: Increase the Time Out to something higher than 90 second. Recommendation 600 to 900 seconds
- SDK: Timeout property
- Within ActivePDF Configuration Manager
- Cannot find matching converter: LibreOfficeConverter
- Conversion attempt (1) failed: InvalidParameter. Details- ConverterName: LibreOfficeConverter could not be found..
Above errors are caused by LibreOffice not being installed on the machine. Confirm LibreOffice is installed on the machine.
Password protected file:
- SingleConversionAccess.ConvertToPDF => The password is incorrect. Word cannot open the document.
- (C:\ProgramData\ActivePDF\...\test1.docx) Result Exception: The password is incorrect. Word cannot open the document. (C:\ProgramData\ActivePDF\...\test1.docx)
- (1932): ConvertPacket => Conversion attempt (1) failed: OpenInputFileFailed. Details- The password is incorrect. Word cannot open the document.
Either remove the password on the input file or in the ActivePDF configuration provide the password under Watch Folder > Conversion Settings: