The software release for ActivePDF DocConverter 10.2.0 (10.2.0.20133) includes new features and bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF DocConverter.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, or 2019
Note: If you are installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual 2015 C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing ActivePDF Products on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Microsoft Visual 2015 or higher C++ Redistributable Runtime Components.
Optional Software Applications
Note: DocConverter only supports the 32-bit versions of the following applications.
- LibreOffice® 6.2.0 (if not installed, ActivePDF DocConverter can install it automatically)
- Install these applications if you want to use their native converters instead of the default converter:
- Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Visio®, Publisher (ActivePDF DocConverter currently supports Versions 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019)
To use Microsoft Office converters, install the Microsoft Office applications before installing ActivePDF DocConverter.
The following optional software must also be installed prior to installing DocConverter. Additionally, this software is at end-of-life support for DocConverter:
- Fuji® Xerox® DocuWorks™ Viewer Light
- Corel® WordPerfect®
The minimum hardware requirements for ActivePDF DocConverter are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Note: Additional hard disk space is required for installed applications and the files being processed.
Updated installer: The DocConverter installer includes the following enhancements:
- Fewer screens and an option for an auto created DocConverter Service account.
- There are now two options for installing DocConverter: Express and Custom.
- Express: The quickest way to start converting documents.
- Custom: Customize your installation by selecting the converter(s) to use.
- Infrastructure upgrades: Error messages are more detailed, and new upgrades enhance DocConverter performance.
- Support for converting ZUGFeRD documents to PDF: DocConverter supports converting pre-processed ZUGFeRD documents to PDF/A3. The ZUGFeRD standard combines a PDF and an embedded XML file into one document, for better invoice handling and digital archiving. The combination provides flexibility for handling invoices, either through automated processes (where machines pull data from the XML file) or manually (in a human-readable PDF).
Note: DocConverter does not create ZUGFeRD-compliant documents; it takes ZUGFeRD documents that were already processed and converts them to PDF/A3 files. Follow the ZUGFeRD standard to pre-process the documents before using DocConverter.
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|16926||During a heavy load, OverwriteMethod appends the wrong output.|
|19321||Transform software fails to parse PDF, and crashes.|
Output results are different when using Extract and Merge Attachments in the watch folder versus .NET.
|19669||V12 WordToPDF does not retain custom fonts.|
|19685||PDFToText does not extract white text.|
|19689||Error message concerning C++2015 during the installation.|
|19744||TIFF to PDF outputs large file size.|
|19830||ConversionResult.Paths does not populate compared to DocConverter 2015 R2.|
Installation and Getting Started
API information is available in the ActivePDF DocConverter User Guide.
View the ActivePDF DocConverter examples.
Download the DocConverter installer.