The software release for ActivePDF Xtractor 9.1.0 (188.8.131.5285) includes a new feature and a bug fix.
The following software is required to successfully use Xtractor.
- Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2008 R2, 2012 R2 or 2016
- Microsoft® .NET Framework is required to use Xtractor's .NET component
(4.6.2 minimum — if .NET is not detected during installation, .NET is installed.)
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 8 or 10
The minimum hardware requirements for Xtractor are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for the application)
- Additional hard disk space is needed to meet the volume of files being processed.
- ActivePDF does not support running Xtractor in a Remote Desktop Services (RDS), Terminal Services or Citrix environment.
The following new features are available in Xtractor 9.1.0:
- New SDK Calls: Almost all the SDK calls are new in Xtractor 9.1.0. Additionally, many calls were changed, or have new parameters.
Note: Xtractor 9.1.0 is not backwards-compatible with previous Xtractor releases.
- Improved performance: ActivePDF Xtractor performance is much faster than the previous release.
- Xtractor now extracts:
- Images in-memory: To handle images in-memory, add a reference to the System.Drawing assembly to your project.
- Bookmarks: Also extracts the bookmark destinations.
- Permission: Extracts document permissions, such as print resolution, and whether form fields pages, documents, or annotations can be modified or copied.
- Text and search phrases: Text above and below a search phrase.
The following bug was resolved since the previous release.
|19462||Text is extracted twice in output for bolded MS Gothic or MS Mincho fonts.|
Installation instructions and information about the SDK is available in the Xtractor User Guide.
To view Xtractor examples, see the User Guide Appendix, which includes C# examples.
To download the Xtractor examples, visit the GitHub ActivePDF page.
Use the following link to download the Xtractor installer.