Without using Full Control and using only Read/Write Watch folder permission. For this to work and pick up anything within Share Folder or a Local folder watch folder, the following requirements have to be met.
- Adding the Domain Service Account or Local System account to the Administrator group within Local Users and Groups
- User needs to be added for the folder permission, note Full Control is not required, you can just give Read and Write access
- Service Account for DocConverter service must be the Domain Service account or the Local System account being used
Test results on different things that were tested:
- If Domain Server account or Local System account does not exist within Administrator group, unable to proceed with installation
2. Installation continues if Domain Service Account or Local System account exist, installation continues
3.Domain Service account or Local System account with be configured for DocConverter service, whatever you configure during installation
4. Input/Output/Error/Original folder only needs to have Read and Write access, the Service account user or local system account needs to exist.
Note If the user does not exist this will not work, the file will error out or just remain in the input folder
5. Configure the ActivePDF configuration watch folder profile
6. If everything above requirements are met, then you should get a successful conversion
7.If the Domain Service account or the Local System account does not exist, the file will error out
Configuration page testing:
- If the User exist in the administrator group you will be able to successfully log into the ActivePDF configuration page with that user
- If the User does not exist in the administrator group, you will not be able to log into the ActivePDF configuration page