The software release for ActivePDF WebGrabber 8.1.0 (22.214.171.12453) includes new features and bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use WebGrabber:
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, or 2016
- Microsoft® .NET Framework is required to use WebGrabber's .NET component
(.NET 4.6.2 for the API and for the service — if it is not detected, you can install it.)
- For WebGrabber installations 2012 R2.1 and higher, ActivePDF recommends Internet Explorer 11 if using the Internet Explorer engine.
- If you are installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual 2015 C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing ActivePDF Products on a Windows 2012 Server.
- Read the following Knowledgebase article if this error occurs when using the Internet Explorer conversion WebGrabber:
Attempted to run an Internet Explorer conversion with I.E. conversions disabled. Enable I.E. conversions in the Configuration Manager.
Important! If using Windows Server 2012 or above, and using the Internet Explorer engine for conversions, follow the instructions in the Installation topic of the WebGrabber Quick Start Guide.
The minimum hardware requirements for WebGrabber are:
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of hard disk space (for application)
New features for this release include:
- Major upgrade to the Native Engine converter for better fidelity.
- WebGrabber 8.1.0 now supports Windows Server 2016.
- JSON replaces XML in this release. Previously, when upgrading a WebGrabber installation, you could reinstall your custom profiles and settings using the .xml files in the backup folder.
Now, to reinstall your custom profiles and settings, you must convert the .xml files in the backup folder to .json files. Then, you can use those converted files to replace the newly-installed .json files here:
For help converting the existing backup XML settings to JSON settings, contact ActivePDF Support.
- Changes to the API:
- The WebGrabber COM and .NET ports are now 62625.
- You can now create output files in memory using the updated/new COM API calls:
- OutputFormat: Updated OutputFormat property, adding File and ByteArray.
- OutputFileFormat: Added new OutputFileFormat enumerator, which uses 64-byte-encoded characters.
- New .NET API:
- OutputFormat: Added new OutputFormat property, which uses File and ByteArray.
- OutputFileFormat: Added new OutputFileFormat enumerator. If OutputFormat is set to ByteArray, it contains the byte array returned from the service.
- In this release, you cannot concatenate files generated in-memory. The Overwrite method has no effect on in-memory generation.
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|15321||%cp% causes the script to crash with client file.|
|16579||Google Charts not working with WebGrabber.|
Adding a footer with the page count causes an error, Native Engine only.
|17008||WebGrabber not right justifying text.|
|17149||Silent Uninstall not working.|
|17306||WebGrabber not capturing all of HTML file with wide dimensions.|
|17490||OverwriteMethod Enumeration set to never fail.|
|17562||Rows of text are overlapping.|
|17698||Linearize with Header and Footer results in an error.|
|17843||Phantom font ("Arial Bold Font" ) being added during WG Conversion.|
|18149||Output PDF fonts are not matching HTML fonts set.|
|18525||PDF reports combined, need stronger unique temp names.|
|18632||Using LinearizePDF = true, creates PDF output but throws an error after conversion timeout.|
|18931||AddHTTPPostData does not work.|
|18950||Results object is returning failure even though the conversion was successful (.NET Only).|
|19140||Ghostscript vulnerability note VU#332928.|
|19174||Missing text or certain text is cut off.|
|19176||Wrong URL in some links when a secure PDF is linearized and compressed.|
|19317||Linearizing and Compressing a Secure PDF mangles some links in the Output PDF.|
|19409||Output PDF looks different than what is viewed in IE or Chrome.|
|19415||Some IE conversions are rotated with landscape.|
Please contact customer support for further information.
See the WebGrabber User Guide for information about installing and using WebGrabber:
Use the following link to download the WebGrabber 8.1.0 installer: