The software release for ActivePDF Redactor 4.1.0 (188.8.131.5203) includes new features and bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF Redactor:
- Microsoft Windows Server™ 2008 R2, 2012 R2, or 2016
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Installed automatically if not detected)
- Microsoft Windows® 10
The minimum hardware requirements for ActivePDF Redactor are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for application)
- Additional hard disk space is needed to meet the volume of files being processed.
- ActivePDF does not officially support running Redactor in a Remote Desktop Services (RDS), Terminal Services or Citrix environment.
ActivePDF Redactor 4.1.0 introduces the following new features:
- Bookmark redaction. You can now redact or remove PDF bookmarks. If redacting, ActivePDF Redactor removes and replaces the bookmark text with [REDACTED]. You can also customize the default [REDACTED] text to a different label.
- XMP and metadata redaction. You can remove and replace XMP and metadata text, in the PDF Property dialog box, such as the author, title, subject, or other information.
- Form fields redaction. ActivePDF Redactor redacts form field values and replaces them with a [REDACTED] label. ActivePDF Redactor then flattens the text fields so they are no longer editable.
- Partial image redaction. You can now redact part of an image, instead of redacting the entire image. Use the new subregion mode to block out individual pixels in an image, removing a section of the image or most of the people from a group photo. You can also redact text from a document that was scanned and saved as an image, in addition to text converted using OCR.
- ActivePDF Redactor is now available for royalty-free distribution.
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|18991||Redactor text bug.|
|19267||Full OCR file fails Redaction.|
ActivePDF Redactor Installation and Getting Started
For installation and configuration information, see Installing ActivePDF Redactor.
The ActivePDF Redactor User Guide is available here: