The software release for ActivePDF DocConverter 10.1.0 (10.1.0.19233) includes new features and bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF DocConverter.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, or 2016
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2 (If it is not detected, it will be installed automatically.)
Optional Software Applications
- Note: DocConverter only supports the 32-bit versions of the following applications.
- (Recommended) Default converter: LibreOffice® 5.4.4 (if not installed, ActivePDF DocConverter can install it automatically)
- Install these applications if you want to use their native converters instead of the default converter:
- Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Visio®, Publisher (ActivePDF DocConverter currently supports Versions 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016)
- Fuji® Xerox® DocuWorks™ Viewer Light 7.2.1 minimum
- Corel® WordPerfect®, X5, X6, and X7 (WordPerfect 15, 16, 17)
- Install the applications before installing ActivePDF DocConverter.
- If you are installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual 2015 C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing ActivePDF Products on a Windows 2012 Server.
- Due to technology changes, PDF/A Validation functionality is discontinued in this release.
The minimum hardware requirements for ActivePDF DocConverter are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Note: Additional hard disk space is needed to meet the requirements of the installed applications and the volume of files being processed.
In addition to general updates to the code base for improved performance, the following new features are available:
- The P3REST Admin tool is merged under the Configuration Manager. You can now manage all P3Rest settings from the Configuration Manager for a better user experience, and ease of navigation. See the P3Rest Administration section for more information.
- A new PDF Profiles View Mode tab was also added to the Configuration Manager so you can specify how to view PDF documents.
- Users can change the Temp file location. Previously, temp files were only created on the C: drive; now, you can create them on other drives as well.
- New ConvertPSToPDF functionality to convert PS and PDF input files to PDF.
- DocConverter now supports converting XPS and OXPS file types to PDF via the API.
- DocConverter now supports converting email messages with embedded Microsoft Word files, in addition to attached Word files.
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|15104||ToImagePageDPI not using the expected DPI range.||ToImagePageDPI only appears to support up to 400 DPI instead of the expected 800 DPI.
Changes to the code related to ToImagePageDPI resolved this issue.
After converting a PDF file to HTML using COM, the images did not convert correctly, and the folders were not named or organized as expected.
Changes to the code related to COM conversion resolved this issue.
|16794||PDF to HTML formatting issues.||
Changes to the code related to the evaluation key resolved this issue.
|17863||DocConverter Service is set to "Manual" start by default.||The DocConverter Service is set to "Automatic" start by default.|
|18278||DocConverter is not converting nested message files containing Word documents.||Changes to the code related to how nested message files are converted resolved this issue.|
|18547||Large files time out within two minutes if using V12 engine.||Changes to the code related to how Word files convert resolved this issue.|
|18561||For CAD conversion: If setting Layout to export to Paper Spaces Only, all pages are exported.||Changes to the code related to CADConverter resolved this issue.|
|18624||Barcode font is replaced by a different font type.||Changes to the code related to fonts resolved this issue.|
|18814||State of check boxes are missing after converting a PDF Form to PDF/A.||
Changes to the code related to how check boxes convert resolved this issue.
The workaround is to change the "textExportMode" value in the Settings file "PDFExport.json" from 1 to 2. After that, you must restart the service.
These issues are now resolved.
Please contact customer support for further information.
Installation and Getting Started
API information is available in the ActivePDF DocConverter User Guide: