WebGrabber Release Notes 2016 R2.1
The WebGrabber 2016 R2.1 release (Build 2016.2.1.19073) includes a critical patch.
The following software is required to successfully use WebGrabber:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 OR
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft® .NET Framework is required to use WebGrabber's .NET component
(.NET 3.5 for the API, .NET 4.0 for the service — if it is not detected, you can install it.)
Note: For WebGrabber installations 2016 R2.1 and higher, Internet Explorer 10 is no longer supported. If using the Internet Explorer engine, ActivePDF recommends Internet Explorer 11.
Important! If using Windows Server 2012 or above, and using the Internet Explorer engine for conversions, follow the instructions in the Installation topic of the WebGrabber Quick Start Guide.
The minimum hardware requirements for WebGrabber are:
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of hard disk space (for application)
- Use of the Internet Explorer (IE) engine in previous versions of WebGrabber will cease to function in July 2018. This release corrects that.
- If you wish to continue using the IE engine in older versions of WebGrabber, you may request a standalone patch installer. Please contact us at CustomerService@activepdf.com or call us at 949-582-9002 and reference the WebGrabber update patch for download access.
- See Patch for WebGrabber IE users
WebGrabber Quick Start Guide
See the WebGrabber API Reference Guide for information about .NET and COM methods and properties:
See the WebGrabber Quick Start Guide for information about installation and using the WebGrabber Configuration Manager: