Reader Plus Release Notes 3.2.0
Reader Plus 3.2.0 release (Build 188.8.131.5226) includes support for SQL Server database, user interface improvements, and electronic signatures.
The following software is required to use Reader Plus.
- Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2008 R2, 2012 R2, or 2016
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2 (If not detected, an install option is offered)
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11
Note: If installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 server for the first time, you must download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 servers. The updates resolve issues with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see the ActivePDF Knowledge Base article Installing ActivePDF Products on Windows 2012 Servers.
- Gibraltar® VistaDB
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, or 2012 R2
- SQL Server Enterprise is recommended for high-production usage.
Note: SQL Server does not need a local installation; for deployments with multiple servers using ActivePDF Reader Plus for the same web application, it is not recommended. The SQL Server instance must be accessible via a standard SQL connection string from the application server where ActivePDF Reader Plus is installed.
- 350 MB of RAM
- 175 MB of hard disk space (for application)
- Reader Plus 3.2.0 now supports using a SQL Server database.
- User interface improvements were made, such as the ability to add some annotations (rectangles, circles, arrows, highlights, and sticky notes) to a rotated page.
- Users can add an electronic signature to a document.
To view the updated documentation, clear your browser cache.
Includes information such as installation instructions, database setup, site construction, and API reference. The Developer Guide is available in the Legacy documentation section at:
End User guide
Includes basic annotation and form-filed editing instructions targeted to the end user of a Reader Plus installation. The End User Guide is available in the Legacy documentation section at: