Server.CreateObject Access Error
The error, "Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.", can occur due to one of the following:
- your application is attached to the 64-bit application pool in IIS rather than to the 32-bit application pool
- the ActivePDF folder has incorrect permissions
To Attach an Application to the IIS 32-bit Application Pool
If you are running an application as ASP, then you must add it to the 32-bit application pool in IIS. For help with the IIS application pool, contact your System Administrator or refer to your Microsoft® IIS documentation.
To Set the Appropriate Permissions for the ActivePDF Folder
To function properly, the ActivePDF folder used by Toolkit needs Full Control permission for the Everyone group .
- On the local machine where Toolkit is installed, open Windows Explorer and browse to Program Files\ActivePDF.
- Right-click the folder, then select Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- In the Group or user names list, select the group, Everyone.
- In the Permissions list, select Full Control, Allowed checkbox.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.