The software release for ActivePDF DocConverter 10.5.0 (10.5.0.22070) includes enhancements and bug fixes.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF DocConverter.
- Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016, or 2019
Note: If you are installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual 2015 C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing ActivePDF Products on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Microsoft Visual C++® 2013 Redistributable Runtime Components.
- Microsoft Visual C++® 2015 or higher Redistributable Runtime Components.
Optional Software Applications
Note: DocConverter only supports the 32-bit versions of the following applications.
- LibreOffice® 6.4.7 (if not installed, ActivePDF DocConverter can install it automatically)
- Install these applications if you want to use their native converters instead of the default converter:
- Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Visio®, Publisher (ActivePDF DocConverter currently supports Versions 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019)
To use Microsoft Office converters, install the Microsoft Office applications before installing ActivePDF DocConverter.
The minimum hardware requirements for ActivePDF DocConverter are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for application)
Note: Additional hard disk space is required for installed applications and the files being processed.
New in this Release
- Updated LibreOffice version: DocConverter now uses LibreOffice version 6.4.7.
- Password protected/restricted files now process directly to an error folder if no password is provided or invalid: Before processing a file via the Watch Folder, DocConverter now checks if the file requires a password to open. If a password is not provided, or the provided password fails to open the file, DocConverter will move the file to the Errors folder. With debug logging enabled, DocConverter logs whether or not a password-protected file converted or was skipped and moved to the Errors folder.
- DocConverter supports PDF to PS conversion: The following was added to support PDF to PS conversion:
- Added to WatchFolder Profile > Conversion Settings tab > Conversion Type: "Convert to PostScript (.ps)"
- New to .NET API enum "FromPDFFunction": ToPostScript (16)
- New to COM API enum "FromPDFFunction": FromPDF_ToPostScript (16)
- New DocConverter call: DocConverter now has an additional method:
- VerifyPDFA(string inputPDF, PDFAComplianceLevel level, string outputLogFile = "", string documentPassword = "")
- CAD no longer supported: Starting in this release, DocConverter no longer supports CAD. All CAD methods, properties, and enums were removed from DocConverter Release 10.5.0.
- DocuWorks and WordPerfect no longer supported: Starting in this release, DocConverter no longer supports the following software:
- Fuji® Xerox® DocuWorks™ Viewer Light
- Corel® WordPerfect®
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
|20807||SetMetaData does not accept double byte characters (Print to PDF specific).|
|21119||A generic error occurred in GDI+, when converting to a multi-page TIFF and using ToImagePageDPI 200 or higher.|
|21478||Trend Micro "irsetup.exe" is detected as malware.|
|21560||DC 10.4.1 REST API with code fusion: Conversion fails after file upload.|
|21581||P3Rest source updated to use JQuery 3.5.1.|
|21606||P3Rest service loading Newtonsoft.Json.dll from GAC causes issues.|
|21615||OpenAPI specification of the REST service integrates with enterprise integration tools.|
|21616||Message attachments do not convert.|
|21630||With PDF to PDF/A, the font size changed, causing the input/output to look different.|
|21635||When converting to PDF/A, output PDF does not contain correct characters.|
|21643||Selecting Libre Office Converter during Custom installation does not update DocConverter settings to use Libre Office Converter.|
|21644||Microsoft Word Converter prints blank page (but Export works).|
|21647||DC 10.4.1 outputs document to the bottom, while the DC 2015.5.0.18347 output the document is centered.|
Degradation in quality of output file.
Please contact customer support for further information.
Installation and Getting Started
API information is available in the ActivePDF DocConverter User Guide.
View the ActivePDF DocConverter examples.
Download the DocConverter installer.