Server.CreateObject Access Error
The error, "Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object." occurs.
The error, "Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.", can occur due to one of the following:
- your application is attached to the 64-bit application pool in IIS rather than to the 32-bit application pool
- the ActivePDF folder has incorrect permissions
To Attach an Application to the IIS 32-bit Application Pool
If you are running an application as ASP, then you must add it to the 32-bit application pool in IIS. For help with the IIS application pool, contact your System Administrator or refer to your Microsoft® IIS documentation.
To Set the Appropriate Permissions for the ActivePDF Folder
To function properly, the ActivePDF folder used by Toolkit needs Full Control permission for the Everyone group .
- On the local machine where Toolkit is installed, open Windows Explorer and browse to Program Files\ActivePDF.
- Right-click the folder, then select Properties.
- Click the Security
- In the Group or user names list, select the group, Everyone.
- In the Permissionslist, select Full Control, Allowed
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.