To perform a clean re-installation of ActivePDF Server 2013
Steps to perform a clean re-installation.
- Deactivate your license through the license manager.
- Uninstall ActivePDF Server using the "Programs and Features" (aka add/remove programs).
- Delete the following directories (this insures all old files and settings are cleaned up):
- C:\Windows\ActivePDF (note this will delete ALL legacy settings for ALL products)
- C:\Program Files\ActivePDF\Server
- Remove the following registry entries:
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\ActivePDF (Legacy)
- Make sure all "ActivePDF Server" printers have been removed from your Devices and Printers
- Download the latest version of Server.
- Login to your server as a Local Admin to insure you have the necessary access.
- Install Server normally.
These steps should ensure that all old files and registry entries have been removed. If you are installing using a local admin account, you will be able to properly recreate any entries needed to function properly.