Xtractor Release Notes 2015 R1.1
This software release for ActivePDF Xtractor 2015 R1.1 (Build 2015.1.1.17334) includes new features.
- Microsoft Windows Server™ 2008 (32- or 64-bit edition), 2008 R2, or 2012 R2
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5.1 or higher
- Microsoft Windows® 7 and 8 (Desktop Distribution customers only)
The minimum hardware requirements for Xtractor are:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150 MB of hard disk space (for application)
- Additional hard disk space is needed to meet the volume of files being processed.
- ActivePDF does not officially support running Xtractor in a Remote Desktop Services (RDS), Terminal Services or Citrix environment.
For more information, see the Xtractor User Guide.
- Two new methods allow you to search for text using regular expressions:
- Use the FindAllByRegexto find all instances on a specified page, or the entire document.
- Use FindInstanceByRegexto find the first instance, or specify an instance by page number or occurrence.
Note: To see code examples using the Regex calls, see Search for Text in PDF at the ActivePDF Examples site.
- The new ExtractTextToStreammethod provides the option to extract a specified PDF page (or all pages) to a memory stream for quick access.
User Guide: Installation, Getting Started, and API Reference
Installation instructions and information the Xtractor API is available in the Legacy section for the Xtractor User Guide: