Server Release Notes 2013 R4.0
This software release for ActivePDF Server 2013 R4.0 (Build 2013.4.0.18058) includes a bug fix and enhancements.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF Server.
- Windows Server® 2008 (32- or 64-bit edition) OR
- Windows Server 2008 R2 OR
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft® .NET 4.0 (Installed by Server if not detected on your system.)
The minimum hardware requirements for ActivePDF Server are:
- 256 MB of RAM
- 170 MB of hard disk space (for application)
You now have the option to convert to PDF Versions 1.6 and 1.7. The default output setting is Version 1.5. To save as 1.6 or 1.7, use the CompatibilityLevel property in the API, or the Compatibility Level setting in the Server Configuration Manager (in the PDF Profiles General tab).
- See the Server API Reference Manualfor API details.
- See the Server Quick Start Guidefor Configuration Manager settings.
- Files converted to PDF/A format now have a smaller file size.
- When running Server using a developer license, the watermark displayed in the output file is now transparent.
The following bug was resolved.
File specific: When ConvertPSToPDF was used to convert this PostScript file®, pages were missing in the output PDF file.
General updates to the code resolved this issue.
Installation and Getting Started
For installation instructions and general startup information, see the Legacy Documents section for ActivePDF Server Getting Started Guide at:
See the Legacy Documents section for ActivePDF Server API Reference Guide for information about .NET and COM methods and properties at: