OCR Release Notes 2017 R2.0
This software release for DocSight OCR 2017 R2.0 (2017.2.0.18261) includes new features.
- Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2008 R2, 2012 R2 or 2016
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2 minimum (If it is not detected, you are offered the option to install.)
Pentium 1.6 GHz or higher processor (Intel Core or higher CPU is recommended).
- 4GB minimum RAM; 6 GB Recommended for grayscale or color images and more for multi-threaded applications.
- 1GB of free hard disk space
- 2GB minimum RAM; 4 GB Recommended
- 600MB of free hard disk space
Note: If this is the first time you are installing an ActivePDF 2017 product on a Windows 2012 server, you need to download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 servers. These updates resolve issues with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see this ActivePDF Knowledge Base article: Installing ActivePDF Products on Windows 2012 Servers.
DocSight OCR now includes .NET API support:
- Provides a programming interface to integrate .NET applications (.NET 4.5 framework or greater).
- Configures options for OCR conversions, and performs conversions locally or remotely to the machine where DocSight OCR is installed.
- Provides ability to return recognized text after conversions.
Includes information for installing, configuring, and using DocSight OCR.